Sunday, March 4, 2012

Substituting Spontaneity

I never know what I might be waking up and doing on the days that I substitute teach. I sometimes get calls at 5:30 A.M. for a job that starts in 2 hours. If I don't have a job that day I have to wake up early to check and recheck the system so I can grab one. That is a bit annoying and tiring. Anyway, some of my recent favorite sub jobs have been:

A 1st grade French dual immersion teacher on Valentines Day. Being back in elementary school and exchanging Valentines in bags was so fun. Trying to get the kids to do the exchanging in an orderly fashion in French, not so easy.
An elementary school librarian. I played with the scanner all day and read kids stories. Does it get any better than that?!
A Junior High clothing and teen living teacher. I helped kids do the basics of sewing and in teen living we got to discuss and role play how to reject a friend's offer to do something bad.
Overall I love the spontaneity of my subbing days.

No comments:

Post a Comment