Andrew's birthday was last week so we went out and did some fun things. The present on the end of his bed was a pink dress shirt that you will see him wearing. We went to a couple of stores he wanted to show me, one called Muji and then Strand Bookstore. He got a book on type and we headed over to Central Park. Our plan to row boats on the lake didn't pan out so we had a picnic in the park with Jeff and Aurora.
We saw this wonderful bubble blowing contraption

And we fed a couple of raccoons that were so cute. We had an "Elf" moment where the Central Park raccoon hissed at us as we tried to give it love.
I gave in and went shopping ( Zara shirt with mint pants:))
Us on the bridge in the park
Riding the subway. Lesson learned: Do not ride late at night unless you want to get hit on or hear a very loud personal argument, etc.
For Memorial Day we took a ferry to Governor's Island which has a great view of the City.

We got close to the Statue of Liberty (seen between our heads)
Some of the things we saw this week:
No we are not in Paris but I sure felt like it when I ran across this gorgeous building
I loved stumbling upon this urban garden
I did the laundry at, surprisingly, my first community laundromat. I got to watch Spanish daytime t.v. since I was in Spanish Harlem.
We love grafitti
There are no words for this picture. We believe it is a secret wizard entrance of sorts. Purpose TBA.
Andrew worked on his first ever typeface called Financial District. He was inspired by the type he was seeing all over the city.

Great news! I will be working at a French immersion camp for kids ages 4-9 in July and August. It is at the International School of Brooklyn so about an hour commute from Harlem. Excited to be able to work while here.
Enjoy this video of Aurora eating like a turtle. I'm thinking if I post this video then Hollywood will call her nonstop, and I think the world will be a better place. Everyone can thank me later.







There is a great bathroom at the Bleeker Street stop on the 6 in SOHO. It's in a cafe called Miro. I have gone there MULTIPLE times. Also, don't forget department stores and book stores. I head for the closest Barnes and Noble everytime I gotta pee! You just have to kind of wander to the back, then sprint for the bathroom. P.S. I always forget you live here. Weird!
ReplyDeleteRachel