Saturday, July 21, 2012

Professeur de français à American Heritage School!

This Fall I will be teaching secondary French at pretty much my dream school. It is called American Heritage School and it is right across from the Mount Timpanogos Temple where Andrew and I were married in American Fork, Utah. It is part time and I will be adding it to my very part time job teaching at Walden School of Liberal Arts. This means that I don't have to substitute teach anymore! This also means that I finally get my own classroom! I am so thrilled about this and I have been planning how to decorate it so that my students get the most out of class. I always flutter around every term to whatever room is available at Walden since I only teach two classes and they don't have a lot of room. You don't really feel like a real teacher when you do not get your own classroom.

American Heritage School is a private LDS K-12 school which means that I get to teach French by inviting the Spirit through prayer to teach us every class period. We can sings hymns, give devotionals, study the history of the church in France and study clothing or food regarding modesty or the Word of Wisdom. It is kind of like teaching at the Missionary Training Center but for teenagers. I love working with the youth of the church and now I get to combine that love with my love of the French language as well. It is so exciting to know that I can freely share my testimony in my classroom. This is a very different environment from Walden which has many ex or anti-Mormon people there.

                                                     The school is a beautiful facility 


I also wanted to share this picture of the 3-4 year old classroom that I am working in right now for the French immersion camp. Bouchra turned this pole into a tree with beautiful flowers. 


The other week the theme was "Things That Fly" and I made this airplane with pictures of the kids faces in the windows. Bouchra has such cute ideas.


I cannot express to you how adorable it is to get hugs and kisses from tons of little 3 year olds everyday. That is honestly the cutest age ever.  I want 20 of them. After managing 10 kids at a time, I think I can handle 1 some day. Here are some of the adorable girls I get to play with. I steal them?


We really enjoy leading nursery. Andrew and I get to practice our parenting skills and usually talk about what we learned that day through dealing with a certain individual or situation. One of the kids came with a hilariously stereotypical doll.


                                              Andrew is going to be the best Dad ever!

   
Please watch this video of the freakiest toy ever invented which we found in the nursery toys. It has teeth that bite down pretty hard.

    

1 comment:

  1. That's awsome that you get to teach there! I didn't even know that school existed!

    ReplyDelete