




Ashley & Andrew Wedding from Brad Winegar on Vimeo.
December 23, 2009- WE GOT MARRIED!!! And I managed to drag myself out of the bed and write in my journal. I feel that deserves an applause. Thank you.
I first wanted to talk about my endowment day. It was such a magnificent day. After some last minute errands and a quick dance final, Andrew and I drove to the Mount Timpanogas temple with great anticipation. Receiving the endowment was unlike any experience I had ever had before. My whole family, minus Meredith, was there dressed in white and there to support ME. Being in the house of the Lord with them was so overwhelming because it was like we were all in heaven together as it will be some day. It was so incredible that I couldn't keep back the tears. I was able to sit with Andrew in the gorgeous Celestial Room and think about how we will be together forever after making such strong covenants with God. I felt closer to him there. I now wear garments and they are not wierd at all. I love knowing that I am being protected and being able to remember my covenants. After leaving the temple, we met up with all the kids at a hotel and I saw Pam, Brit, Katie Hensley and Katie Nolan. They were so sweet to be there for me. We had a wonderful Groom's Dinner at the Provo Library. Debbie did a great job of organizing it and bringing the families together. We introduced everyone and it was a very enjoyable bonding time. That night I had to get all the performing songs for the reception on the Ipod and then made my way to the lodge. It was decorated for the season with lights and bells and plants plus it was so fun to have everyone living together. Andrew was taken hostage and had one of the most crazy and fun Bachelor parties ever experienced, complete with manly assignments and man hair prizes. I had my last night as a single woman in my own bedroom.
I woke up on my wedding day and it was pretty surreal for a while. The whole time I was getting ready I just couldn't believe it was finally here. The girls pampered me with makeup, hair, nails, pedicure, and lotion. I looked gorgeous and everyone wanted to help me. We ate a yummy breakfast or grits and pancakes.
We went to the temple and slowly went through the amazing process of a temple marriage. We got time together before we went into the sealing room and we were able to hold each other and think about what we were about to do. I couldn't keep from crying during the ceremony. It was so incredible to be able to feel Chet's presence during the whole thing. It was the most beautiful ceremony and the culmination of everything I have worked for in my life. I was able to be sealed to my best friend under the authority of God and make beautiful covenants with God concerning my sacred relationship with Andrew. I now feel a closeness with him unlike before. I loved him and was committed to him but now that I have made these covenants I have a deeper commitment to making him the happiest man on earth. I want to do all I can for this marriage. We came out of the temple all dressed up, Andrew in his tux and me in my dress with my bouquet. In the dressing room I had to cover up the mess that my tears caused since we were going to be taking tons of pictures. The videographer and Katherine took some great shots and we had so much fun, even though it was pretty cold.
We had the reception and saw so many people we love. It was really fun because we actually did entertaining things. People from our families were able to share their feelings about us and we sang our song, cut the cake, had live singing to our first dance and others, and threw the bouquet. It was just what we wanted. People were there to love us, make us cry with happiness and celebrate this union. Our car was decked out nicely with things like "You can do it!" and "Baby in 9 months!" It was nice to drive off and know that from then on it was about just me and Andrew. After we left, we were tired from the emotional highs and long day. We went to the Hines Mansion down the street and got into the Penthouse suite. I loved that Andrew wanted to say our first prayer together as husband and wife. He was so overwhelmed and happy. It turned out to be a plea with God to help us be so united and stay close to him and halp us in all aspects of our marriage to be what he wants us to be. He was so sincere and sensitive. I can't really explain it but it was the most tender thing I had ever seen. I love my husband from the bottom of my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment