Friday, February 26, 2010

The Last Week



December 16, 2009-My Bridal Shower was so fun. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen and a lot of my favorite girls in Utah were there. I got so much lingerie and opened it in the middle of the restaurant. I got some interesting looks and even a thumbs up.
We got our mattress and bed set up. Debbie gave us a nice dresser and a beautiful wooden 4 post bed. We visited with cousin Mandy and she fed us good food while we watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer claymation. We played music and sang and had so much goodness fun. It snowed like crazy and now it is a winter wonderland. We went to Jeff and Nicole's on Monday to celebrate Debbie's birthday.
Mom got into town and we went shopping for things for the apartment like wonderful pillows, gorgeous purple bed sheets, towels, shower liner, rug and more. She is being helpful but sometimes too much for me. We had a lovely ward Christams party at Aspen Grove and I got excited about the family staying up there during the wedding.
Friday night we went to Andrew's and looked at old yearbooks from high school and played some old school SuperMario. Afterwards we went to the jacuzzi at Glenwood. We had to do some fancy spy work so we weren't spotted by mom in the Cambridge Court parking lot (she is staying in our apartment). It is freezing and the hot tub felt so nice. We spent Saturday evening with Debra Lowe just talking and playing a board game. She is so kind and loves us.
I got my bridals back and they are gorgeous. I had to choose three, without Andrew's opinion, to put up at the reception. We framed the bridals and engagements for the reception (which are going in our apt later) and I think I chose well. We had our interviews for doing our last ever living ordinances. This weekend will be so spiritually amazing! All these ordinances within 24 hours!
We got our marriage license and we have been working hard on the song we will sing for our reception. His talent with music and song writing bewilders me. It is beautiful and we pretty much are going to have put it together in a week. We only have to say goodnight and go our seperate ways for only 3 more nights. This weekend we need to remember to stay connected while so many people we love are vying for our attention. This is the most exciting time of my life!!It is so close and we never thought it would come. So much preparation has gone into this and it has finally come.

No comments:

Post a Comment