Thursday, September 1, 2011

School Starts

School has started for Andrew at BYU and for me as a teacher. Andrew loves his classes which are mostly Graphic Design classes within the BFA. He loves the BFA because he has the best teachers in the program and he gets to take classes in the coolest looking rooms. The walls are made of steel and they attach designs on them with magnets. Pretty sweet.
Tonight all the Juniors who just got in are going to Salt Lake for class and they get to have dinner together and watch an artistic movie. Apparently they are all going to NYC in February. We have to start saving for him to go on that trip. That's really fun for him though! Vada is doing really well; keeping busy and making money.

My first day of classes went really well. I gave everyone a syllabus and talked about how to succeed in a language class. The best part was the nutella and bread we partook of. I teach 4 girls who are in French 2, and one who is French 3, but they are all in the same class. The other class is made up of 14 kids in French 1. I am excited to get back to teaching what I love and create lessons that I love. I have good kids and they seem to enjoy class. I made them laugh when we practiced doing a French "r" sound by purring like a cat from the back of the throat. I make them do things that might be uncomfortable and I love it. I have a lot of free time still. Substituting is not picking up so I am reading a lot and I definitely have time to work out everyday. I feel bad that Andrew is working about 30 hours/ week and he is taking 14 credits. By the time he gets home he is exhausted and just wants to be with me, not work out. He is trying to work out as much as he can so he can lose weight, but I am way more interesting than exercise. Here is a picture of the school I work at.

No comments:

Post a Comment