Monday, August 22, 2011

French Teaching Job

This past week I accepted a job teaching High School French about 8 hours a week at a local charter school in Provo. I am so glad that the job is close and that I get to use my skills in teaching French. The school is called Walden School for Liberal Arts and it is very granola and laid back. There are couches in the classes! I will be sharing a room with a teacher and the school doesn't know if I will even have a projector to use so I can show power points or videos. It would be ideal if we had textbooks and workbooks as well as small white boards and markers but I don't even know if we will have those things. And I thought it was hard being a teacher in a public school.

I will continue substituting unless another opportunity to teach part-time comes my way. So far this makes 3 part-time jobs that I possess. I am also working for a local tutoring business after the school hours. How much I work for that depends on the demand for tutors in English, study skills, reading, or even French (that would be a miracle). Oh how I long for a full-time teaching job with a salary and benefits. One job where I can focus all of my energy and know that I go there everyday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really happy for you to have an opportunity to teach what you love :) I hope that it opens doors for you to be able to teach fulltime soon!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Keep taking those prenatal vitamins though--I want to cuddle some Beck-Rodgers babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin!
    Someday Brittany...someday.

    ReplyDelete