Sunday, August 14, 2011

There is No End and No Beginning

The big thing on my mind this week was a funeral. A friend in the ward, who has only been married a year like many in our ward, had complications with her pregnancy and delivered her baby boy 4 months premature. They are such a strong and amazing couple. She fought hard to keep from delivering but it was the will of the Lord that this happened. Her baby lived for two hours and they were able to hold him and give him a name and baby blessing. This would be such a hard thing to go through. It broke my heart to hear the news of their loss. I was able to help organize a luncheon for the family after the funeral. It gives me such joy to be able to serve and help people when they honestly could not do it themselves. It is so important that we give service to our fellow man. I felt like I was being a conduit for the Lord's love for this family. The funeral was absolutely beautiful and I was reminded of how amazing the plan of salvation is and how precious that knowledge is. That child was so special that he did not have to prove himself through the trials of mortality. He will be exalted with Heavenly Father. His family will see him again and this suffering mother can take comfort in the fact that she will be able to raise him in a perfected environment. So many comforting words were spoken and there was so much love and support for the family. The church is so well organized and the principles taught bring hope to a dreary world.

I had another job interview this week, since none of my previous ones have gone to fruition. The future is still unknown but I am trying my best to use my skills and expand my skill set. I need challenges in my life to help me progress professionally. I need something stimulating for my brain.

Andrew and I have started reading "Lord of the Flies" together. We enjoy reading and this is Andrew's favorite book from high school reads. We read all the "Hunger Game" series together and before that it was "Eclipse," but we couldn't finish "Breaking Dawn" because it was just rediculous. I am reading "The Help" on my own and am quite enjoying it.

Our friends Cassi and Drew just returned from a year in China. It was so fun to catch up a bit with them. We forgot how much we like them. We got them gourmet cupcakes since they have been eating boring and wierd food for the past year.

Oh, I started taking prenatal vitamins because you should start taking them atleast a year before you get pregnant. It makes your body all prepared with the stuff that makes your child healthy. I don't know if it is really necessary because a billion people don't take them and their babies turn out fine after having been birthed by the mother personally in the middle of a jungle in Laos. I on the other hand have been exposed to crazy things in the American food that I eat and there are tons of chemical that I injest. If anyone is more likely to have miscarriages and complications during pregnancy, it is the American woman. I also have fears about birthing a child with some complication that will need to be dealt with during his/ her lifetime. After seeing what happened to my friend in the ward recently, it is scary to know that things could go wrong with someone who thought she was perfectly healthy. Vitamins are good for you anyway and these make your nails grow really fast.

2 comments: