I just found a blog called Designmom.com and I want to have her life. I can see Andrew and I living this lifestyle. This family is living in France for a year and they are renting this gorgeous 18th century home in Normandy. The mother got a BFA in Graphic Design from BYU and she has impeccable taste. Obviously Andrew would be the art director of our house and over time I will get better at that. We would already have beautiful things to work with in an old French home. I would be the one who manages the French side of it all. We have talked about living in France someday and now I am set on making this possible.
I LOVE this home.

For more pictures of the house click here. It is so inspiring and just makes me excited beyond belief to imagine ourselves in the French countryside. I am obsessed with everything French and vintage. This is their vintage Renault.

There would be an incredible studio room which is essential for living with an artist. Oh and can you imagine the vine covered patio and sun room? I want my kids to grow up around beautiful design and have an inspiring home. I also want them to be around a different culture and learn French. I want to be that Mom that exposes her children to everything beautiful and dresses them well.
I cannot begin to describe how much I want to be her. I have a lot of work to do but I feel like I will have all the resources to make this happen some day in the future. I thought that maybe it would be too wild of a dream to live in a beautiful country home in France with my artistic husband, but seeing it done and realizing how inspired I would be everyday, it almost seems like it has to happen now. It is too much amazingness. If I don't stop typing now then I will keep gushing on about this dream that I will make a reality!!!!
Ha ha, I saw the small preview photo and I was like, "I bet Ashley saw House Hunters International". Seriously, that house is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou, go, girl! That's the way to make things happen: never stop dreaming!
ReplyDelete