Thursday, March 8, 2012

One Step Closer To Dreadlock Island

Recently I was reminded of how I really like dreadlocks and was inspired to make it happen. I told Andrew about it and we both agreed it was attractive. We want to live on a deserted island and have dreadlocks.

I researched the best I could into all the possible techniques of getting them, maintenance, and the most frequent question about cutting all my hair off in the end. I don't have to cut off all my hair when I take them out but I will have an arduous task of combing them out with conditioner. I plan on leaving them in until they truly become locked and dreaded. Right now they are twisted knots that look cool. Dan and Meredith spent 4 1/2 hours knotting it up.

I love them and they make me happy. I have already gotten lots of compliments on them and if people don't like them they are probably just keeping their comments to themselves. Anyway, I have received surprisingly positive feedback. My Mom was actually supportive of it because it made me happy. She is great.

Obviously people will stereotype me and think I'm a vegetarian, Rasta, or a hippy (already had that question from a Junior High student), but whatever. I have gorgeous, silky hair that will come back eventually. I am really excited about the new hairstyle options I have. Sometimes you just have to experiment. It's just hair.

Here is a before picture of my all natural lion's mane of hair.
Here are my dreads!



3 comments:

  1. Haha, this is awesome. You are just livin' the dream! I want to see a front picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, you are so wonderful@! I'm so glad Andrew married someone who isn't afraid to just try things and experiment with living a happy, full life! I can't wait to hear your thoughts as time goes on. good for you for being brave!

    ReplyDelete