I am about 18 weeks along and since my announcement post I have definitely grown bigger and last week I started noticing the baby kick. It's pretty amazing. We find out the gender in 2 weeks. My parents will be visiting from Florida and they get to come to the ultrasound. I am so happy to be able to share that with them since they live so far away.
So here I am with my bump.
I decided to go with a certified midwife and birthing center. This makes me very happy because I want to be able to walk around, eat, cuddle with my husband and do whatever I need to to feel comfortable, in control, and listen to my body. Obviously, I am going to stay open to the need to go to a hospital if my midwife suggests it. I am also staying open minded about the need for an epidural if needed as well. This week we are starting our Hypnobabies birthing class which I am pretty excited about.
While we are in the Netherlands I will be finding a midwife there. Fortunately, it is pretty much the natural/midwife birthing capital of the world. I should be back in the US five weeks before my due date, but it will be nice to know that if anything goes wrong while still there, that I will be in good hands. Socialized medicine wouldn't be such a bad perk.

Cute preggies!!!! Love it.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I am so jealous that you guys get to go to the Netherlands. Talk about a midwife paradise... I'm glad you're starting Hypnobabies so early. I put it off too late and didn't let myself internalize it enough, so it didn't work great for me. I really loved the prenatal relaxation though, and I attended a birth where it worked amazingly well for the mom. That's awesome that you have a birth center. I wish we had had one around here, but we didn't so I went with a home birth instead. I found that reading natural birth stories was helpful preparation for me; if you're looking for some, there's a treasure trove on mamabirth.blogspot.com. You look great. Congrats!
ReplyDelete