Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sometimes We Write A Death Song About How We Will Destroy A Movie

Sunday, June 28th- We have been running together more often and I am beginning to enjoy and embrace it. Thursday I made creamed corn and we watched all of Aida. Good times. We visited Summer since she is an EFY counselor, the best one ever. We swam at Meredith's and ate pizza. We came back to my apartment to watch a rented movie. That night we ended up going back to the rental place 4 times because the movie kept skipping. We started at 10 and finally put in the movie at 12:30. Still it was so frustrating because the remote was missing and couldn't push play. Luckily it starts automatically after a while but in subtitles. It's a really funny story looking back at it but at the time I was about to go crazy. Andrew kept me sane and laughed it off. He calmed me down and made everything seem under control. I needed that. Saturday we went to a community service clean-up with the ward and pulled weeds at a trailhead. Andrew and I practiced our duet musical number for sacrament meeting. It was beautiful and I love singing with him. We practiced french like always, I cooked dinner and then we threw a football in the park. I taught him how to throw a spiral since he had never been taught and I learned in the womb. We watched his 5th grade play where he played Scrooge. Adorable. I love the summertime because we can just sit outside, enjoy the sun, and talk. I read the previous entry to Andrew and it was everything he has ever wanted to hear. Later we watched Muppets in Manhattan with ward buddies. Right now we are trying to live in the moment and find a good balance between planning for the future and not dismissing the here and now. Find joy in the journey and seize every moment and opportunity. Sometimes I just want to be engaged already.

No comments:

Post a Comment