Thursday, September 24, 2009

The New Semester Starts

Sunday, Sept. 6- We went to an Imagine Dragons concert at Velour and enjoyed dancing to the creative music of Dan Reynolds. Being at the Velour brought back good memories for us. That afternoon we went on a hike with the McKay Florence family. It was 6 miles up in the beautiful nature of the Uintas. Sunday was our first week in the ward since the big turnover. We have to meet at 9 now and so we shouldn't stay up late. Notice the word "shouldn't." What can you do when you are engaged and don't want to leave each other at night? We read marriage talks and I read about preparing for the temple. Great stuff. Andrew wrote me a sweet letter expressing his appreciation for the efforts to change and make him feel more cherished. We took part in an improv fireside led by Aunt Laree. It took me back to my drama days. I found out that some of my closest friends are flying out from Florida to be at the wedding reception and be with me on my special day. I was so overjoyed since I thought they wouldn't come. So far it is Katie, Chino, and Pam. Andrew bought this great cologne called Armani Code and it is oh so sexy, dangerously enticing. I have limited his use of it until we are married. It smells hot dang good. School started and love my classes but as life gets busier we have to find time to be together, but is no problem. I am taking an LDS Marriage and Family class that pretty much gets me so siked and prepared for a temple marriage. We are discussing some really interesting gospel as well as marriage stuff. Andrew and I are in a social dance class together. I love having a direction in my life. School is way better when you know what job you want to have and then can really focus on how you can apply the concepts you learn. Andrew is really enjoying his psychology classes. We went to a house show where Jes, Aurora, and Andrew played some fantastic songs as always. They are so talented it is crazy. Andrew and I were called to be the Marriage and Family Relations sunday school teachers and we peed our pants like never before. Seriously, the bishop had to get a mop and clean it up himself. Our relationship with him has never been the same since. But anyway, we are so excited to be teaching about a topic we are so passionate about and love to share our feelings and opinions about. We went to a duck pond and drew portraits of each other. I haven't drawn in a while but as expected Andrew's was way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment