Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Act of Marriage

Thursday, August 27th- Andrew flew home from Boston on Saturday. I was at Haleigh and Gavin's wedding reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and picked him up from the airport. It was a joyous reunion. I don't know what has come over me but I am feeling so much attraction toward him and want to kiss him a lot more frequently. We have found that kissing since engaged has gotten noticeably more enjoyable. Can someone explain that please? We sat on a blanket in the park and caught up that night. We watched the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication and spent time at Grandma and Daddo's. We looked at pictures of them in their younger years and also pictures of extended family. I wrote Haylee back. Monday we watched "A Goofy Movie" and "Hercules" at Debbie's. It was a great blast from the past. Andrew made me waffles. Sometimes we are so in sync or similar that I can't believe it. I believe that we become more similar and like each other the more time we spend together. If all I had in the world was the gospel and Andrew, I could be sublimely happy. And that's why family members are sealed together forever. How incredible! I had gotten promptings recently that I needed to decide on a venue that day. We went to the White Willow reception center and it worked perfectly well. We decided to put it on hold which meant that they would take down my name and call me if anyone else was interested. I received a voicemail an hour later while I was getting fitted for the dress alterations. It was White Willow saying that another bride wanted the same date and would do anything to get it. Luckily I had priority and called back to definitely say yes. Thank goodness I was prompted to go when I did. We went to look at man rings, get more lace for my dress and visit Meredith. We had an FHE with her about the meaning of life based on a short film called "Doggie Poo." Unfortunately it is not as intriguing or exciting as the title may suggest. We have put pictures together for our slideshow and stumbled upon so many cute ones. We had dinner with Aurora's family and they are very enjoyable people. Andrew read this great book called "Act of Marriage: The Beauty of Sexual Love" and he gave it to me to read. First of all, it is recommended that it be read and discussed right before marriage but we didn't want to have to read it during finals week and I want to know everything before I go see a doctor so that I can be prepared and comfortable. I loved it and it was so enlightening because it talks about every part of sex and gave me information that helped ease all the fear and confusion with the real, in depth, and rather intense details. It was written with a Christian perspective and so it explained how intimate and sacred sex is and therefore is to be only engaged in after marriage. Sex is a great indicator of how a marriage is going since it involves everything mental, emotional, and physical about a person. I loved learning about how sex really impacts a marriage and how your mentality is so important to it's success in your marriage. Andrew and I discussed all of the discussable things, for the time being, in the book (in a public place of course) and it was really fun to communicate and open up that part of our future. I think communicating about it now will make it so much easier to communicate about later. Sex is one of the most frequently argued about subjects in marriage so it is important to be comfortable discussing everything about it. After getting an idea of what role it plays in marriage and understanding that informing myself correctly and knowing what to expect are going to make it the most enjoyable, I am excited and convinced that it will be such an enjoyable thing for us the first time. I guess it is recommended that couples not read it until right before marriage because it gets you too excited and curious about it. We are just fine though and reading it now works perfectly for us. We are all about being prepared and studying up so that we can do things the right way in life. Now I have more aniticipation instead of fear or anxiety about it because I know a lot more about what to expect. Surprisingly, many women are not prepared or informed enough about sex and do not have an enjoyable first experience or even first couple of months, so I already have a one up and things should go well. Anyway, to sum up my feelings, I am attracted beyond measure to Andrew, engagement is sexually frustrating, sex is no longer a mystery, and I am engaged to the most perfect man for me. I love how love just keeps getting deeper. I am so excited to get married! I know that every engaged person thinks they are the most in love and the luckiest person alive, but really, we are exceptionally so in love and beyond words blessed and happy. What a godly insitution marriage is.

No comments:

Post a Comment