Monday, August 3, 2009

Ashley Elizabeth Rodgers... Will You Marry Me?




Sunday August 2- Our weekend started with doing baptisms for the dead. As Andrew was baptizing me, I tried to slyly show some PDA in the font so I lightly stroked his hand with my left thumb. We felt like rebels and he chuckled a bit. Saturday we studied for his test and took a break by going to a pizzeria for lunch. We were just laughing left and right. That night we went to Lydia's wedding reception and all my close french house girls were there. There were ballroom performances and her father sang a gorgeous opera number. We danced to Quando, ate crepes and a cream puff wedding cake. It was such a party and an interactive celebration of their love. Lydia said that we were the next couple to get married so I had to catch the bouquet. In true Ashley fashion, I did. Andrew gave me lots of kisses and called me his hero. I asked him, with a sly smile, if I got anything else for catching the bouquet. We rushed over to Andrew's friend Rob's wedding and caught them right as they were leaving. There was a rushed Hey, Glad you could make it, We're leaving on our honeymoon right now, Bye. We knew what was on their mind. We visited some guys in our ward and then Andrew played gorgeous songs on the piano He started to make up a song with cute lyrics about how he really likes me in a silly voice and junior highish way. We watched Liken the Scriptures with Debbie and then went home. At the end of the night we were staring into each other's eyes and we both felt a connection of deeper love. I have felt love for him growing over the past months and it was so strong at that moment. We both just feel it without saying a word. He kissed me so slowly and tenderly and I almost cried because my love for him made me so happy inside. Sunday came around and I had an idea that this was the big day. Through accidental happenstance, I found out that he had the ring on him on Friday and wanted to propose soon. I dressed up really pretty and while we held hands in church, I kept thinking how there could be a ring on my left hand by tonight. After church Andrew went to put the final touches on his plan. He told me he had to go Home Teaching and I was a bit skeptical since it was the beginning of the month. We made dinner for Meredith and Ryan but they had a falling out right before hand so I opened the door to find Meredith holding the dessert and crying. She was glad that we were around to hold her, cheer her up, and give her advice. She needed to get home so we dropped her off and sped home. I could tell that Andrew wanted to do something before sunset. We drove over to Rock Canyon Park and started exploring the different groves and dry creek bed. We held each other as the wind blew on us and the sun was setting. He told me that he never imagined that true love would feel like this. We came across another grove and he told me to go in. I was hesitant because I have a fear of spider webs so I asked him to go first. Didn't work. I pushed my way past the tree branches and came upon a clearing in the middle of the grove. I looked to my left and saw framed pictures of us hung on the trees in a circular shape. In the middle of those pictures was a huge picture of Christ symbolizing Christ as the center of our relationship, so beautiful. I picked my favorite picture and Andrew knelt down and said "Ashley Elizabeth Rodgers, will you marry me?" I said "Yes with all my heart." He had a ring box in his hand but I didn't really even look at it. I hugged him and kissed him. He took out the ring, threw the box (which we later found in the dark) and proceeded to put it on my right hand which I corrected him on. I started to tear up a bit after I held him some more and said I love you. We sat on a blanket in the park and talked about all the secret stuff leading up to this mysterious proposal. At one point we were laying down and I embraced him as we rolled down the hill a ways. The ring is so gorgeous. It is so sparkly in the sunlight. He loves it so much and it is exactly the style I wanted. It is designed by Eddy Z, white gold, pave, 1.1 carat diamond, princess shape, set on point, I in color, SI (1) in clarity and it is such a beautiful gift from him. This ring means that he wants to spend everyday with me for the rest of our lives. After he asked me to marry him a couple of more times, I wanted to see the ring in the light. We went home and I called all the people close to me. Obviously family first and then friends. A lot of people knew why I was calling right when they picked up. Everyone was so excited and I am beside myself overjoyed. I'm so glad that it's official. We have to get the ring resized because it was a little too big. So amazing. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Oh happy day!! August 2, 2009 Ashley Rodgers and Andrew Beck are engaged. Now I can finally introduce him as my fiance. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Words cannot express how excited I am for you two! Both of you know how much you mean to me and the great examples you both are in my life. Whenever I am around you both I can feel the deep love you have for one another. You two are truly a match made in Heaven and I know Heavenly Father is pleased with your decision to be married for time and all eternity. I love you both! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete