Monday, August 3, 2009

A Look Into Andrew's Past

Wednesday July 29-Sunday we made breakfast together and that night we went over to Andrew's cousin Eliza and her husband Jude's home. We had a lovely dinner and played the hilarious game of Balderdash. We picked up Andrew's car on the way back. In true Andrew fashion he left the keys in the ignition half way on. I jumped his car. We had a nice talk on the porch and he showed me a site that Debra Lowe made for him while he was on his mission, as well as a site that he refers people to to look at his are and graphics stuff. Andrew cut his hair really short and I didn't realize how much I missed the curls. I'm glad hair grows back. The other night we took a walk and Andrew was able to talk to Joy on the phone. I love when people I love get to know him. It impresses me how personable he can be. He is so unique and interesting that people can't help but be drawn to him, plus he is very easy to talk to. I really do feel like the luckiest woman in the world. We worked out and ran and Andrew said something that made it sound like he bought a ring. Oh this is so excting! Seriously. He showed me old pix of him including some hott rockstar photos. I also saw the drawings he has done over the years, since he was like 5. He draws from his mind a lot and it's a creative outlet for him. He spent his free time drawing instead of watching tons of tv. He loved it and he is so gifted. He created comics, characters, mazes, his own V-day cards and b-day invitations. We read some notes from a whole box of letters and notes from the past. They were hilarious notes from middle school girls who were crushing on him. He was the cool, artistic, creative, musical, well liked guy who was friends with every group of people and voted most likely to be a rockstar and best dressed (in his vintage clothes and long hair). He just marched to his own beat and you know there was always a beat going on. His high school time was very different from mine and I really love that he does what makes him happy and doesn't really care about the public's perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment