
Thursday August 20th- I went on a trip to California with Debbie and the grandparents. What a unique experience to spend so much time with my future in-laws. I helped drive and ended up talking to the grandparents about how they met and their life. There were so many times when I saw what the role of a grandparent is since I have not seen too much of it or feel like I am that close to mine. I was able to talk to them about the gospel. Daddo started crying when he told me how proud he is of Andrew and that he would kkep Christ a part of the proposal. It just showed him how much the gospel means to Andrew. Grandma said that all of her grandchildren and their spouses are so wonderful that they are going to be translated. So many times they would tell me that they love me and say how happy I make them and how blessed they are to have me intheir lives. Daddo passed down an heirloom ring to his son and everyone treated them with so much respect. They are the eldest and are the matriarch and patriarch of the families. We drove to Camarillo where Summer's family lives. They had dinner every night that everyone was home and everyone was willing to help cook and cleanup. The coast is so gorgeous and I wouldn't mind maybe living there someday. Andrew was in Boston so we talked on the phone everyday. Talking on the phone forces me to tell him I love him verbally and say lots of sweet things. I want to always do that and make that a goal. Andrew asked me a little before he left if I would try to be kinder and more considerate of him. He needs to hear I love you. I recommitted myself to always treating him like a prince and tell him nice things whenever I think about it. I am too blessed to have him in my life to not let him know that daily. This was our last time of separation and it won't happen ever again for more than 24 hours. We can't handle it. I am so glad that Andrew feels like going on long business trips or being away from the family is not worth anything and would be so unenjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment