


Friday April 9- My birthday was so great. Andrew wrapped a pretty orange bracelet as the present at the end of my bed. Then he welcomed me to my real birthday as he tore down the sheet that hid all of my real presents. He had lots of new spring clothing displayed ready for me to do a fashion show. We played my life size Barbie and I tried on the shirts, shoes, necklaces, and skirts. It was so cool to have a husband to wake up to on my first married birthday, 22! We exchanged some shirts and shopped more that night. We got our wedding photos up in a nice collage with other photos so that the apt was all done up how we wanted when my parents came. They stayed for about 4 days during Conference weekend. I took mom to a crepe party at Jes's (who is now engaged to Kirby!) My parents and I had a good conversation about what I am studying and I liked showing them what I am learning. We showed them the apt and had a talk about what Andrew wants to do for a career. It is a lot of pressure to find the right job that uses your talents, you enjoy, and can earn enough money for the lifestyle you want. Andrew is trying to decide between Graphic Design and Pyschologist. I am not attracted to the graduate work with the latter and when you get down to it, art is what Andrew loves and is really talented at. If only God would tell us, but it looks like he has to work a bit harder for the answer. If I had to support a family, I don't think teaching would cut it. We celebrated my birthday at Pirate Island. The kids played at the arcade and my family got to see the cool place Andrew works at. We swam at the hot tub of the hotel with Josh's family and Andrew threw the kids around in the pool. We watched every session of Conference and all attended the Saturday afternoon one where Meredith sang with her choir. I wore bright Easter colors from my new wardrobe. The boys stayed for priesthood session while we had Vivi's bridal shower at CPK. I saw Katherine for a bit. We had an Easter egg hunt in Debbie's backyard and the Easter Bunny left some money in the eggs. Woohoo! We played Balderdash that evening and it was nice to be around family even thought there were some annoying parts. It was wonderful that Mom organized all of this stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment