We went to Grandma and Daddo's for dinner and we brought yummy grits. Andrew finished his training and we skated at the ward activity and dressed 80s. Wednesday I had my OPI with Mme. Thompson and was told that I am at an Advanced Low Plus level. Two years ago I was Adv. Low. She said I mostly spoke at an Adv. Medium level but had trouble talking about abstract things that I already talk about in a choppy confusing way in english. I do not do politics or current events, yet I have to be able to talk about them in French? It was very frustrating that the things I can't even talk about in english were what was keeping me from moving up. Anyway, Andrew and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, spray painted some new home decor and made a yummy dinner from scratch. We went to the Holi Festival with Mer and ate dinner and ice cream with her. It was really fun and colorful!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Running Moab
Sunday March 28- Last Friday Andrew's family and I set off on an adventure to Moab. We drove altogether in the van and discussed Q-Tip hairstyles and various other topics that got people involved and laughing. It was enjoyable to finally eat out and sleep at Debbie's friends home. We slept in a nice camper without heat. We registered the night before and Erin acted like Jenny so that I could take her place since she moved to Oregon. We got everything in place like getting the chip attached to our shoe. We set off the next morning wearing our Beck Family Run t-shirts that Erin and Andrew designed. The buses took us up the canyon and Debbie, Nicole and I mostly walked the 5 miles back. We made it in 1 hour and 15 minutes. There was good food and picture taking while we waited for the half marathoners to arrive. They arrived after 2 hours and 23 minutes of running. We al felt so accomplished but I wish I could have at least broken a sweat. I liked being with a family that was not my original family and see everyone's personalities and the dynamics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment