Friday, February 5, 2010- Last Monday we got health insurance and we have used it well. After our doctor's appt where I decided to go off of hormonal birth control as an experiment, we spent the night at Debbie's and spent time with the Beck children. We had dinner and went to DI. It was fun to sleep together in the house that he grew up in now that we are married. We ate pancakes for breakfast and that night we saw a french film. We are lined up to see lots of films at the International Cinema this semester. We went to a missionary homecoming of Andrew's high school friend Camren. I was able to take part in hearing my cousin Viviana's patriarchal blessing. Mom is having some major surgeries because she has a cyst on her ovary, a bowel blockage and other problems. She said that this blockage has been the cause of many of her mysterious sicknesses through the years since Meredith's birth. She has been going through so many medical things. I pray she will be protected and now I can put her name on the temple prayer roll since I am endowed. We hung out with Meredith and watched an old movie from our past. For FHE we finally put my contract on craigslist , which should have been done a long time ago. Lesson learned. We found a buyer the next day but she won't move in until March, better than nothing though. What a blessing. We created magnets for FHE by cutting pictures out of the newspaper or magazines and gluing them on the bottom of these clear, decorative rocks. They are so great, especially the pictures of the bearded men from the 1800's.
I woke up Thursday morning with back pain. I thought it was from my heavy backpack. I pushed through the pain and some nausea that morning because I had to go to class.We met up with Gma and Daddo, Debbie, and Mckay and Laree's family to eat at the Cannon Center before we went to Aurora's play Tartuffe. It was the funniest play ever invented. Period. The acting was superb and very well overdone for this farce. Today I woke up with the same nausea and pain and I decided that I couldn't go to school. By 4pm I decided that I needed to go to the Urgent Care Facility because I had a self diagnosed kidney infection. I had lower back pain, abdominal pain, head aches, frequent urination, and vomiting. Debbie took me and they put me on an IV for antibiotics and dehydration. They said I was really sick and should have acted on this when I realized I was peeing like crazy. I mean I uncontrollably peed my pants on Sunday. That should have been a clear indication that something was wrong. It was dumb of me to wait until this happened but I am doing so much better. This is frequent in young married women because sex is just such a new experience for their bodies. We have never been to the doctor this much in our single lives. I hadn't seen Andrew since this morning and I couldn't get a hold of him because his phone died. I am so glad that Debbie was available to take care of me. Andrew knew I was sick and didn't check up on his sick wife until he came home at 9pm. I was a bit disappointed and wanted him to have a better reason than having a dead phone. I missed him and wanted to share my crazy problems from the day with him. I wanted him to hold me and tell me that he will take care of me as I layed alone in bed waiting for him. When he got home he explained that he thought we needed time apart since he felt we were taking each other for granted and things had been wierd between us. It was all very coincidental that things worked out the way they did, but I learned about how much I want to share everything with Andrew and was reminded of the frequent theme of treating each other like royalty.
No comments:
Post a Comment