Monday, March 8, 2010

Letters Home

Sunday, March 7, 2010- This last week we (well I guess it was mostly me) finished a really cool project. I compiled all of Andrew's e-mails home from his mission and made a legit book out of them. I love reading about those 2 unique years that he can't really explain and which strongly affected him and changed him into who he is today. He is such an entertaining and eloquent writer (not like me at all). He is really funny. This book will be a memory that we can show our children in preparation for and after a mission. It may even help Andrew if he becomes a mission president someday. He loves the book so much. It is honestly super awesome and pro. I am back on birth control. Hallelujah! That was an interesting experiment (I even thought I was pregnant after missing my period this month. Atleast I still believe i'm not pregnant since the all knowing/ very tempermental pregnancy test told me I wasn't). Wait a second, I had just eaten carrots after a half moon on a Wednesday night after 7:35. It was all for nothing. Andrew got paid from a mindcloud client so that was a great payoff for him and helped him see that he can get results from his hard work. He is learning so much. We spent time with Jenny's family before they moved to Oregon. We saw Jeff and Nicole's family a couple of times and ate dinner with them. I'm glad we have kids to play with sometimes. We switched Andrew over to my family's Verizon plan and got new phones. I had not had a new one for 3 years! We received our wedding video and it is a really precious memory for everyone. I'm glad we decided to have it done.

I had a really sweet experience yesterday. I was doing laundry and had loaded my three washing machines when a mentally challenged man went ahead and anxiously put in the 75 cents to run one of the machines. He hopped away with extreme delight on his face as he exclaimed "I got to help someone today!" I thanked him and was touched by his kindness. He told me he had to leave and get a drink after which I pointed to the vending machine and told him he could get a drink from it. He only had 25 cents so I told him I could help him with the rest. It was so nice to be reminded of the importance of service daily and I was glad that I was able to help this pure child of God in return. I was so touched by everything and was reminded that I am blessed with the opportunity to serve Andrew everyday, whereas this man had to search for service (how noble of him).

No comments:

Post a Comment