Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sometimes We Eat Pancake/American Cheese Sandwiches

Monday May 10- We learned that life without Andrew's brain meds is not ideal. I never knew how necessary they were. We are both taking classes for the spring term. I hate TELL classes and he is taking some GEs. Andrew bought a real videographer camera from Ebay and he was sooo excited but then we found out it has need of an expensive repair. We have to either fix the problem or find another high quality camera before we leave for Florida to film Vivi's wedding. Agggh!

So we got through the last couple of days of April on Pancake and American Cheese sandwiches and cereal (we felt really pathetic and had to laugh) until Debbie gave us some food out of the blue. It was such a blessing and it is always good to pay your tithing.

We got callings in our ward. Andrew is the ward chorister and I am choir president. I will teach a choir basics class and be the choir cheerleader who gets people to come. It's good that we get to focus on music within the church.

A week ago our car wouldn't start. We tried jumping and nothing happened, which is a really bad sign. AAA came with a tow truck and got it started. Once I turned off the car, it wouldn't restart. They said it was a dead battery and that they could get a replacement one here and install it. I got a new battery and everything was fixed within two hours. I was so glad because I thought I would have to take it to a shop and we would be without a car for a day or two.

Last week we took a short bike ride to Andrew's old middle school. He showed me some old memories and it was a nice day for a ride. Photoshop is the new fixation for Andrew at this point. He is learning it very quickly and doing very nice work at that. We are now checking out some movies at the Library. It reminded me of when I would go as a kid and what a great place it is to learn.

Since Debbie went out of town we spent the night at her house and watched a suspense film from the 60's.

Saturday night was a GIRL'S NITE OUT!!! Woopee, Yip, Yip, Hooray! (This is all in great sarcasm.) Don't get me wrong, I love my friends but I don't need a girl's nite because I still really like my husband too much. I got to catch up with Shanda and eat junk food, plus a movie. I was so happy to be with Shanda again. I am bummed that I can't be at her wedding since I will be in Atlanta. I really want to be at a temple sealing of a close friend.

Last week we ate Hot Pot at Drew and Cassi's with their Chinese speaking friends. It was authentic Chinese food that tasted nothing like American Chinese food. It is much more tasteless food that has spicy broth added. We also ate legit Mexican at their house for Cinqo de Mayo.

Andrew and I gave talks for Mother's Day, Andrew's 4th time actually. I spoke about about the fear of many girl's at this stage in their life. Will I be a good mom and how can I prepare now? Andrew had some great things to share about repairing your relationship with your mom if it is broken and why that relationship needs to be healthy.

Last night we visited Debra Lowe's family at the home she was raised in. That was fun to see a bit of the world she came from in Lehi.

No comments:

Post a Comment