Monday, June 29, 2009
Feeling Disconnected
It was good to see Andrew in my element. Andrew and I spent our last night in Florida talking about random things and laughing and learning new things about each other. This helped us feel more connected. The two weeks in Florida were so much fun and yet we both felt disconnected from each other and I was not being open and acted differently towards him and he saw a different side of me that he hadn't seen before. We talked about how this happened and had an emotional talk. I am different when i'm living at homewith my parents and I believe I fell back into into the habit of not really communicating. The way I am with Andrew is a new way of conducting a relationship in my life and it wasn't a solid part of my life so I had to rekindle that after our separation. We learned that a disconnected feeling can happen if we let it and that we don't want it to be like that. I think maybe talking about marriage scared us and we had to adjust to living with my parents and acting a certain way around them that confused my fusion of communication and comportement between me and my parents and me and Andrew. I also had to allow Andrew to build a relationship with them and was just kind of in a funk. Not everyone thinks about staying emotionally connected in a married relationship but that is what we want since we hated how it felt to not be that way. I need to work on making this a habit in my personality and tell Andrew everything and take the time to be on the same page. Our relationship is mature beyond its' age and I am trying to keep up. I love it though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment