Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I've Never Felt Closer To You...Can The Rest Of Our Lives Be This Moment?

June 20th- I spent some time with girlfriends and we started talking about what married and dating people talk about. Ya know- Love, Sex, and Marriage. Some things that were said strongly impressed me to want to set stricter physical boundaries between me and Andrew. Keeping stricter rules will become a habit for us when it may get harder for us to be good or when it gets closer to being married. It was hard for me to bring up something like that which needed to be changed but it was really good for us to discuss amd I don't think it will be too hard, just an adjustment. The next day we had a very emotionally intimate day. We layed in the park and shared why we want to marry each other and how we want to give each other all we have and have each other be the most important person in our lives. We shared a lot of tender words about our feelings for each other and discussed what marrying each other really means. Andrew wondered if we will like each other in 30 years and still laugh at each other's jokes. He is so set on having an extremely emotionally connected marriage and has made me realize that I want that too. I don't think you will find two people who are more ready for marriage than us. I just admire his emotional wisdom and thoughts about protecting the vulnerable parts and weaknesses in each other when there are others who attack them. Always be each others advocate and support no matter what. Tell each other everything. Share the joys, sorrows, fears, doubts, accomplishments, desires, needs, wants, etc. Make a life together and support each other in achieving our goals. Become a team and always work together and respect one another. The world has enough people to bring us down. No matter what happens, at the end of the day you can lye in each others arms and know that there is atleast one person who will accept you no matter what and will do whatever is in their power to make you happy. Our love and marriage will be the one constant that we can rely on, besides the church and Jesus Christ. What we make of our lives together, the family we will build, will be one of the only things we will be able to take with us in the next life. There is no other man that I could possibly want to do the hardest things in life with besides the most incredible man, my best friend, and the person I love most in this world and who I give my heart to, Andrew Beck. We are going to be a powerful couple and I am so thrilled and excited about making eternal covenants and starting my life with him. Marriage is such an important, sacred, and rewarding bond that will bring so many learning opportunities and help me grow so much. A life without a marriage companion would be so lonely and unfullfilled to me. I could never imagine about only having to worry about myself and any selfish needs or wants for the rest of my life. Sacrifice and service are more challenging but will bring so much happiness. God does have a perfect plan and I cannot wait to make covenants in the temple to further my knowledge and move up to that stage where I am one step closer to exaltation. These are just some of my many feelings about my love for Andrew and my anticipation for marriage. I'm excited that my love for him will grow deeper through time and i'm so glad that God has told me to marry him. Our talks yesterday helped him feel more comfortable and convinced that he should go through with marriage. He isn't being reserved about marrying me, it's just that he really understands what marriage is going to be like and it takes some growing up and he had some mental adjustments to make. In all my life I would never imagined that love and marriage would be like this. I look back 4 months ago and see all the progress we have made and the learning I have done and I just know that together we can continue to be better and become more of a unit. I didn't truly understand it when the Lord told me that the love Andrew and I have is something that not everyone has, but I am convinced that our relationship is mature beyond its age and very healthy. We are committed to making a superb marriage and I want everyone to be able to experience our deep love. Then again, it's hard to find a man like Andrew, so unique and emotionally intelligent and aware. We shared some sensitive and personal information with each other. There was something that no one except for myself knows and I thought I would never be able to share it. I thought it would be the hardest thing to tell but I knew that Andrew would accept everything and love me still the same. I'm glad that he knows me better than anyone and wants to be that emotional support and guide for me. How did I ever get so lucky? My life is so uniquely blessed and few people experience the extremely wonderful things that I do and have. I want to do great things in this world and touch and improve peoples' lives. I pray that I will continue on that path toward greatness and leave fears behind. Fear is a tool of Satan and I cannot abandon the great plan God has for me to do his work and be a positive influence in this world. I have worries and weaknesses but they are no match for my divine power and strength found in Jesus Christ. He can deliver us from any fear and make me and Andrew a powerful force for good in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment