Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting Back Into The Groove Of Things


June 10- We were back to life in Provo and I help Meredith settle in to college life. We invited her to do things with us the first couple of days. We all went to Andrew's grandparent's home and played games since Erin, Andrew's sister was in town. It's a hard adjustment for her to make but after a bit we had to use tough love and leave her to make her own friends and find her own entertainment. I started reading a book that Andrew read while we were apart. It's called "The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work," and I don't know how but it has reinvigorated my assurety of love for Andrew. It reminded me that I am so lucky to have him and the relationship we have. Andrew took me on a date on the 13th. He had been wanting to go on a date with me for a while and it was so much fun. We went to a nice dinner and then to Chuck E. Cheese's where he went during his childhood. We played with the arcade games, watched fire works, ate ice cream and read a book together. That night our relationship went completely back to normal for me. I was totally enjoying every minute of it and felt that deep love for him in a connected way. I am so glad it is like that again. I never want it to go away, especially since I can feel and recognize a difference. The next day we ate dinner with a majority of Andrew's family, kids included. It's interesting to see a difference in families. His family is funny and very enjoyable to be with. That night we went to the hill and read our patriarchal blessings to each other. It was so incredibly neat to hear his. He is promised so many good things in his life and I believe we can help each other attain those promised blessings. His talks a lot about his future family and it was almost like reading an extension of my blessing, especially since it talks specifically about his wife. I love being able to talk about our future together as husband and wife in a sure way. Such an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment