Monday, June 29, 2009

Roadtrip With The Swine Flu


The end of our vacation came to an end. We went to Meredith's graduation from high school. We love Miss Poopa Rodgers Class of 2009! From here on out it is all about Andrew and I. We could focus on our relationship and get it back to the way it was. Meredith had a hard time saying goodbye but we got on the road and stopped at Laura and Barry's home in Georgia for the night. We had 2 suitcases in the trunk with miscellaneous stuff, things in the back seat and a carrier thing strapped to the top of the car with bungie cords. It was kinda ghetto but it made it over 2 thousand miles. I love hanging out with Laura because we dance and talk about life and she is so straight forward. We all had dinner together and Andrew met the kids. I finally was able to hold my 9 month old nephew Joshua. Laura loved showing us the additions to her interior decorating and we took a walk around the neighborhood. She like Andrew a lot and found him to be really funny. He won her over by doing what he calls the Oompa Loompa cartwheel. We stayed in Kentucky one night, Kansas the next and then arrived in Provo the next night. We spent so many hours in the car and I hate long car rides. We made lots of memories and inside jokes and almost went crazy out of our minds on the last day. It was pretty funny and I wouldn't have wanted to do the trip with any other two people. I thought I was going to die as I went through a winding, narrow canyon in dim lighting during the last 2 hours of the trip. I kissed the ground when I arrived back in Provo. It was a great adventure and now I know that I can endure long amounts of boring time with Andrew and I enjoy being with him, maybe not driving but atleast being in his company.

No comments:

Post a Comment