A month of separation will be good for us and we will have lots of time to reflect on ourselves and our future together without being fully emeshed in us. It only took a week for me to realize that I seriously hate being away from him. I'm over this. Andrew and I have been talking on the phone every night. Sometimes we talk for up to 5 hours and many nights we decide to go to bed because the phone runs out of batteries. It's an interesting way to have a relationship. We have a lot of time to really focus on talking about us instead of any physical affection getting in the way. The lack of physical affection is hard to endure. Once he stopped me in the middle of my comment and told me that he just really wanted to sit next to me and hold my hand. Adorable! I wrote him a 4 page letter about our relationship and wrote about the aspects of it that are needed for a strong marriage. It is his prized possession. He wrote a letter back to me and I cried because it was so so sweet and beautiful. We talk openly about marrying each other now that I have a perspective that he is definitely my future. We both told each other that we want to marry each other. We both got that joy that you get from the Holy Ghost. It was so amazing to hear those words from his lips. I wanted to cry. One night we did a scavenger hunt over the phone. We went around our neighborhoods and took pictures with different things like a flag, pool, flowers, soccer ball, stop sign, and other random funny things we might find. We then sent them to each other. It was a creative way for us to be on a date. Andrew photoshopped us together in the above image.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Time Apart in Florida
A month of separation will be good for us and we will have lots of time to reflect on ourselves and our future together without being fully emeshed in us. It only took a week for me to realize that I seriously hate being away from him. I'm over this. Andrew and I have been talking on the phone every night. Sometimes we talk for up to 5 hours and many nights we decide to go to bed because the phone runs out of batteries. It's an interesting way to have a relationship. We have a lot of time to really focus on talking about us instead of any physical affection getting in the way. The lack of physical affection is hard to endure. Once he stopped me in the middle of my comment and told me that he just really wanted to sit next to me and hold my hand. Adorable! I wrote him a 4 page letter about our relationship and wrote about the aspects of it that are needed for a strong marriage. It is his prized possession. He wrote a letter back to me and I cried because it was so so sweet and beautiful. We talk openly about marrying each other now that I have a perspective that he is definitely my future. We both told each other that we want to marry each other. We both got that joy that you get from the Holy Ghost. It was so amazing to hear those words from his lips. I wanted to cry. One night we did a scavenger hunt over the phone. We went around our neighborhoods and took pictures with different things like a flag, pool, flowers, soccer ball, stop sign, and other random funny things we might find. We then sent them to each other. It was a creative way for us to be on a date. Andrew photoshopped us together in the above image.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment