Saturday, June 11, 2011

Arizona In The Winter Is Nice, Utah= Bad











Nov. 30th- Our Thanksgiving weekend was so fun and so scary. We drove down to Mesa to visit Joy and Quin's family. Note to self, don't drive for 10 hours straight starting at 5 pm. We read Hunger Games, ate yummy food, sang songs, watched movies, visited Andrew's dad's grave, went repelling off a 60 ft cliff, and visited the lights on the Mesa Temple Square. It was wonderful to be with my family since that doesn't get to happen often.

The drive back was horrifying. The last day of student teaching was really icy and I slid off the road. My first time and it scared the poop out of me. Our car has rear wheel drive and our tires are made for racing. There isn't a good grip on them. Our drive back contained two more slides off the road. The first one ended in people stopping to help us out just like when I slid off on my way to the school. After we got back on the road I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't stop crying because I did not want to die driving in a canyon. It was pretty okay weather until it got dark and we hit a patch of ice in Panguitch. Our car was completely stuck and we had to call a tow truck. We decided to stay in a motel over night and finish the last three hours the next day after the sun melted some of the ice. I was a wreck to say the least. The day after we arrived safely home, we had to make some repairs to our car since it had a bit of damage from the slides. We also had all weather tires put on. They make me feel much safer in the winter weather. I want a huge Jeep right now. No one told me my car would be a problem out here. I also never got trained in how to drive in the snow and ice. I hate Utah winters. I will not be sad to leave this place. I will visit and when I do, I will have a huge all wheel drive tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment