Saturday, June 11, 2011
A Job Right Out Of College
Dec. 23rd- Since finishing school I have been worried about getting enough substituting jobs in Provo while waiting for my French teaching job to come around in mid February. One day I came upon a 2nd grade French dual immersion teaching opportunity in West Valley starting in January. I felt like it was a way to keep busy and seemed like a fun challenge. Dual immersion is where they teach kids math, social studies, and science in French and then teach French literacy. I applied for the job because it would be nice to start working now. I had my first real job interview with 4 people interviewing me. Nerve wracking. I guess I impressed them because they offered me the job 6 days later. I was really on the fence about it because this is not what I am trained for. I don't know if I'll like teaching math, and I know nothing about teaching kids stuff they have never learned before, and then in French. I was really confused and agonizing about the decision. After praying about it, I got the answer that I should do whatever I want. I was convinced by the principal that I would have support the whole way through and I felt that I could do it. I am still really scared because it is not my element. It is an impressive job to take on. I'm gonna be a big girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment