Saturday, June 11, 2011

My New Commitment To Write Weekly






My entries are too infrequent. From now on I am writing atleast once a week. If my life isn't eventful then I will tell you the thoughts on life I have. I want it to become a habit. It makes Andrew happy to read this blog. As you may be able to tell, the last year of our life was just blogged yesterday and today. This was made possible by my trusty hard copy of a journal that I write in and transcribed onto the blog.

April and May have been good to us financially. We are all caught up and are actually able to save money now. Wow!! Mint.com is a great way to organize finances, by the way.

I walked for graduation on April 22nd. Debbie, Meredith and Andrew were able to come and support me. We made a nice video tribute for those who couldn't be there.

We went to the tulip festival and saw tons of my very favorite flower. Sadly I got super burnt. I looked like a lobster.

We took a lovely trip down to Moab to camp out and visit Arches National Park with our friends the McNeils and Fehlbergs. We really love those guys. The arches were absolutely gorgeous.

Andrew's birthday was full of presents. He got a t-shirt from Threadless.com, new wood looking glasses, and concert tickets to see a sweet band called Ratatat. We went to the dinosaur museum and ate at Carl's Jr. Andrew had never been to the museum but he loved dinosaurs as a kid.

Aurora and Jeff are getting married. We get to go to their wedding in Sacramento which will be soo neat. Andrew designed the announcements and they are super awesometastic.

I have recently been called to be Relief Society President and I am so excited. I have a great presidency and I look forward to the opportunity to get involved with the women around me and learn from this leadership position. Andrew is the Executive Secretary and does a great job of organizing for the Bishopric. He is working on a callings board that the bishop can use on his iPad. There seems to not be one available for the church yet.

Andrew has added a third job to his life. He is doing graphic design for BYU Football. His stuff will be seen more by a national audience. He gets to design Keynote presentations for Bronco Mendenhall and other things. He's so cool. He is so self motivated that he has so much stuff to do. He loves school and all of his jobs. What else could he ask for?

I have had 4 job interviews for French teaching positions in the Salt Lake Valley and wasn't offered any. I was surprised because I had impressive interviews. I guess my inexperience compared to others was overshadowed. Jobs could still pop up over the summer so I'm counting on things working out. I just wonder how this is going to end. The huge hiring push is kind of over so I'm not sure if there will be many more rare French teaching jobs.

For the summer I am helping with yearbook, sports, and activities for the BYU French Camp a couple hours a day. In July I will be a camp counselor with a China youth group studying English here. I get to go do activities with them around Utah. I am excited!

When we were at the Ratatat concert in Salt Lake we shopped at the Gateway. We entered Anthropologie and I almost cried because everything was so cool. I have never wanted everything in a store before. What's great about it is that vintage never goes out of style cuz it's always passe. It is also nice to have a style where things not matching is actually what's cool about the style. You can add onto it by taking garage sale stuff and redoing it a bit. When we have a huge house and lots of money to spend on decorating it, we are so going to Anthropologie. I fell in love with that store. I felt like I was where I belonged. I know that I will not be able to bring material things with me after this life, but I'm pretty sure I can design my own world to look exactly like Anthropologie.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! I can't believe I didn't know about your blog! It's so wonderful to hear about you and learn about the lessons you've learned since being married! It makes me want to start blogging! Love you, Rachel McKinney (just in case you have more than one Rachel friend :)

    ReplyDelete